Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Changing Gears

I'm about to undergo a significant change in my life. While it is something I never expected to happen, there is also a sense of excitement about being able to change gears and start over. Without going into too much detail, here's my new motto: Simplify and opt out. (I'll explain the philosophy and the raison d'etre later.) This means in practical terms: -Taking only what I use/wear on a regular basis and leaving the rest -Adopting a minimalist approach -Washing dishes by hand and using room temperature air and gravity to dry dishes -Not subscribing to cable television (I will have the internet and streaming Netflix though) -Listing my core core grocery items I buy on a regular basis and sticking to those; buy whole foods (nothing processed) and buying organic when I can -Going cash only (yet realizing things will come up) -Consolidating my accounts with my credit union (ditching the big banks!) -Stop using credit cards for day to day purchases (see cash only) -Recognizing that the library has books and CDs (for free) and is a great place to go to get away from things for a few hours -Identifying the important things in my life and cutting out other less meaningful things.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?